BK Dalit is a Young Environment Activist, Developmental Campaigner & Global Advocate against HUNGER.He is the Founding President of Team for Nature and Wildlife (TNW), Founding President of the National Farmer Forum (NFF), and Founding Chair of Prangarik Pathshala(school of agriculture) & Green Institute (a think-tank for sustainable cities & communities). .
He has participated as a speaker at a number of United Nations’ international conferences/events.
- In 2010, he was a Speaker on “Youth and climate change ” in 5th UN World Urban Youth Assembly organized by UN-HABITAT in Brazil.
- In 2012, during the sixth session of the UN-World Urban Forum held in Naples, Italy, he had spoken at the Youth Round table.
- In 2012, he spoke on “Connecting Youth to Land and Land to Youth” organized by UN HABITAT and Global Land Tool Network in Morocco.
- In 2013, he spoke at Learning Exchange workshop on Youth and Land issues organized by UN-Habitat, the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN) and the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs held on 11-14 November 2013, The Hague, Netherlands
- In 2013, he was a speaker at the United Nations General Assembly side events on Youth, Land and Agriculture organized by UN Habitat and GLTN, at UN Headquarter, New York on 17th September 2013.
- In 2013, he spoke for “UN Roundtable on investing in Young People: United Nations General Assembly side events on Youth” held on 19th September 2013 at UN Headquarter, New York.
- In 2014, he was a Speaker on “Youth Roundtable: Youth and Human Rights” in 7th UN-World Urban Forum organized by UN-Habitat, held on 11th April 2014 in Medellin, Colombia.
- In 2014, he was a Speaker on “ youth, land and agriculture” at a GLTN/ UN-Habitat Workshop held in Naivasha, Kenya, on 20th- 23rd On July 2014,
- In 2015, he was a speaker on “ Youth, land, agriculture and employment” and a Rapporteur for “ Land and conflict session” in the 6th GLTN Partners Meeting held at the UN-Habitat Headquarters, in the UN Compound in Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya, held on the 3 – 5 November 2015,
He has participated in a number of international meetings:
- As a Youth Delegate of Nepal in “High Level Event of the United Nations General Assembly marking 20th Anniversary of the World Programme of Action for Youth” organized by the President of the General Assembly on 29th May 2015, Friday at General Assembly Hall, UN Headquarters, New york
- As an expert in “GLTN Expert Group Meeting on Land”, in the Netherlands in 2014
- As a participant at “International youth partnership” meeting in Paris, France in 2012
Likewise, he has spoken at a number of international environmental conferences organized by international environmental organizations.
- In 2007, he participated as a SCB/SSWG Country Ambassador and spoke on biodiversity conservation at International Congress for Conservation Biology(ICCB), held in South Africa.
- In 2010, he spoke at Asia for Animals Conference, held in Singapore.
- In 2010, he spoke on “Youth and environment” in Global Young Greens Congress, organized by Global Young Greens in Germany.
- In 2010, he spoke on “ Youth and Biodiversity” in Asia Pacific Green Network 2010 Congress, organized by Asia Pacific Green Network (APGN) in Taipei, Taiwan.
- In 2012, He spoke on “Youth and environmental governance “in the Global Greens Congress, organized by Global Greens Network in Dakar, Senegal.
In 2011, he got fellowship of United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) to study two different courses. He studied “Introductions to Peace Operations” and “Natural Resources Management in Post Conflict Countries” from UNITAR. UN-Habitat Youth Fund awarded his concept “youth empowerment for green job/entrepreneurship” in 2009 to launch a pilot project on youth agro-entrepreneurship. He served as a team/project leader for the project. He also served as a team/project leader for an “Action-research project on Youth & Land/Agriculture”, funded by UN-Habitat/GLTN. He has got a long experience of working in youth related projects of UN-Habitat and participation of UN-Habitat’s international events.
On United Nation’s World Food Day 2014, he founded Global Youth Forum for Food, Agriculture & Land (GYFAL). Through GYFAL, he wants to launch & strengthen Global youth movement against hunger in order to raise global visibility of hunger issue, create the political will and galvanize the political commitment into action for ZERO HUNGER through collaborative action and policy advocacy.
Information about his social campaigns/initiatives can be obtained through following sites: